At Moodlerooms , we’re dedicated to helping you reach your eLearning goals. The professionals on the Learning Solutions team are experts in Moodle and are available to consult with your organization on a variety of e-learning initiatives. The Learning Solutions team is available to assist you with the services identified below.
- Course design review: Whether your online program is well established or in its fledgling stage, reviews by our instructional designers can help improve the overall quality of your courses. Our designers can review your courses, prepare a summary of suggested changes, recommend instructional design strategies and ways to leverage Moodle, and provide training on these recommended features.
- Course building: Our instructional designers put best practices to work, building your courses specifically for your online environment. When getting started in Moodle/Joule, consider enlisting the help of our Learning Solutions team. Transitioning to the online environment requires a paradigm shift and an understanding of effective strategies for designing synchronous and asynchronous online courses.
- Course redesign: Even top notch courses can benefit from a redesign. Our expert designers use their instructional design knowledge to leverage the capabilities of the Moodle/Joule platform, recreating your courses as powerful learning experiences. If your team is new to online learning, you may find this service especially useful in improving the overall quality of your online offerings.
- Training (1-1 and/or group): Our expert trainers will work with your faculty and/or course developers to help grow their Moodle/Joule skills. These sessions, conducted via phone or webinar, can include consulting services on a specific feature including implementation tips specific to your organization’s needs.
- Troubleshooting specific features: Are you having difficulty deciding which settings to configure in order to achieve the results your institution demands? Let the Learning Solutions team help you determine the best way to configure specific modules or features (e.g., the gradebook) with you. We will log into your site, review the course specific modules/features, work with you to resolve issues, and explain specific settings.
Professional Development Planning
An organization’s professional development plan (PDP) documents the goals, required skills and competencies, and resources needed to support employees’ continued improvement and development.
Our PDP services offer our clients the opportunity to work with experienced Moodle training professionals in developing a strategic plan for Moodle/Moodlerooms implementation.
Our PDP services follow a phased approach, giving clients the time to think through organizational processes and goals. From initiation through follow-up, the phased approach of our PDP services allow our clients to work with experienced Moodle/Moodlerooms trainers to develop a strategic plan designed to sustain professional development initiatives around their Moodle/Moodlerooms implementation.
Description of services:
Clients purchasing the PDP services may choose from two package types: onsite and virtual.
- Virtual planning services: Clients choosing our virtual PDP consultation service will participate in 6 hour and a half online meetings focusing on each phase of the PDP development. The Learning Solutions consultant will assign tasks to the PDP team, to be completed between meetings, to move the process forward. Along the way, phone and email support is available. Some time after the organization has started the implementation of the PDP, there will be a virtual follow-up meeting as well, to determine any changes, what is working, and what isn’t. This virtual service is a perfect fit for the pace of any organization.
- Onsite planning services: For a more hands on approach, or to fast track the planning process, clients should choose our onsite PDP consultation services. The Learning Solutions consultant will kick things off with a virtual meeting designed to take the client through the initiation phase. The consultant will then join the team onsite for one and a half days of in-depth discussion, development, and planning. A virtual meeting wraps up the planning, and finalizes the PDP. Just as in the virtual PDP consultation service package, there will be a follow-up meeting as well, to determine any changes, what is working, and what isn’t.
All of our PDP consultation services pair clients with a member of our Learning Solutions team to act as their guide. The responsibilities of the Learning Solutions consultant are to:
- Identify appropriate planning team members and determine the appropriate PDP path for the client
- Develop a portrait of the organization (which will be used as a foundation for future phases of planning)
- Reflect on previous professional development experiences the organization has had
- Answer questions about the challenges clients may anticipate in implementing the new PDP
- Facilitate the development of SMART goals, the deployment of a needs assessment, and the identification of existing resources
- Identify methods and strategies to be used to close the gaps in identified skills and competencies with regards to Moodle/Moodlerooms use
- Establish the timeline, project estimated costs, and identify methods to track overall plan progress
- Deliver a clear and succinct PDP, including deliverables from all phases of the service
Deliverables: Within 5 business days of the application and execution phase, your Learning Solutions consultant will deliver the PDP summary and recommendations report, that includes:
- A finalized organizational profile developed during the discovery phase
- A summary of goals
- Needs assessment results along with a summary of the needs assessment discussion
- Identified professional development structure and designs for delivery
- Recommended activities and action steps including a timeline and identified responsible parties
Virtual planning services: $12,000
Onsite planning services: $ 15,000